We understand all of you are anxious to have life return to normal and are tired of wearing masks and going through our screening procedures. However, in accordance with guidance posted by the CDC and Cal/OSHA on June 17, 2021, the new CDC recommendations for fully vaccinated individuals DO NOT APPLY at health care facilities which includes dental offices.
MOST COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED (as of June 17th, 2021)
- Must patients be continued to be screened and have their temperatures taken? YES Patient screening and temperature taking are recommended in the CDC guidance for dental practices, and employers are required by Cal/OSHA to implement controls to limit COVID-19 transmission including patient screen.
- No vaccinated patients have to wear masks while in the practice? YES. CDC recommendations clearly state that the new recommendations DO NOT APPLY at health care facilities including Dental Offices
- Do vaccinated staff have to wear masks while at work? YES CDC guidance for vaccinated healthcare personnel state that PPE recommendations are unchanged. The revised Cal/SHA emergency temporary standard implemented June 17 removed the mask requirement for fully vaccinated individuals in most indoor work settings but not in health care setting.
- Is physical distancing still required? YES as required by Cal/OSHA and recommended by the CDC.
This is a link to an article explaining the Regulations as of June 17. https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/Newsroom/Article-Details/california-is-reopening-but-requirements-will-continue-in-dental-offices-cda-answers-dentists-top-8-questions
Following is a summary of our Covid-19 Safety Precautions and Check-In Procedures:
- All clinical staff are fully vaccinated
- Pura Air High Efficiency Super Hepa carbon filters with UV light air sanitation have been added to all operatories and run 24 hours/day
- All rooms are now fogged after each patient with an air disinfecting solution of hypoclorous acid which is safe for people but hard on viruses and bacteria.
- All surfaces in operatories, waiting room, etc. are thoroughly wiped & disinfected after each patient
- All patients and caregivers or other limited visitors are required to wear a face mask upon entering; use hand sanitizer and social distancing is required
- Family members and friends are not allowed in the waiting unless necessary such as a caregiver or a parent of a minor.
- Patients may wait outside or in the car if desired. Chairs in the waiting are at least 6 feet apart, and are made of easily wipeable surfaces
- All patients and caregivers or other limited visitors are screened for Covid Symptoms each visit
- Temperatures are taken for every person entering the office including staff each day
- Hand sanitizer is required as patients enter
- Social distancing is required in the waiting room and reception area.
- All employees wear facemasks at all time and are provided with all recommended PPE
- All federal state, and local health guidelines are strictly adhered to and monitored regularly for any changes in protocol
PATIENT CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
- All patients are required to complete a Covid-19 screening questionnaire prior to each visit. It must be completed no more than 24 hours prior to your appointment. The morning before your visit you will receive an email with the questionnaire which can be filled out online.
- Only appointed patients can enter the office with limited exceptions for caregivers and parents of minors, delivery personnel, etc. Please call in advance if you require an exception for an extenuating circumstance.
- All patients must wear a mask (covering nose & mouth) as they enter the office and proceed to the front desk where they should utilize hand sanitizer, have their non-contact temperature taken and complete the Covid questionnaire if not completed online. We do have face masks available for those who have forgotten theirs.
- Social distancing and masks are required in the waiting room reception area and hallways. Patients are encouraged to wait outside or in their car if they desire.